Miniatures, Motion Control and Visual Effects
Glassworks Amsterdam commissioned us to facilitate the studio motion control shoot for this Christmas campaign for German store, Penny. The intricate sets were rigged and lit in our Birmingham studio and served as backgrounds for the CG animated characters. Many of the scenes required multiple motion control passes to cover different lighting states (beauty, matte, practicals etc). The story follows a struggling single mother who makes Christmas special for her son using creativity and limited resources. The film formed part of a larger campaign by Penny to help tackle poverty in Germany, with a tagline of ‘Christmas doesn’t need much, only love’. Take a peek at the behind-the-scenes footage here.
- Directed by Rudiger Kaltenhauser and Darren Macpherson
- Sets designed by Andy Farago of Clockwork Frog Films,
- Director of Photography Sam Morris.
- Filmed at Second Home Studios.
- Style: Stop-motion miniature sets for CG animation
- Year: 2018
- Mixed Media
- Motion Control
- Visual Effects